I just stumped a lot and I was tracking the machine back and forth to flatten the area out and noticed it would randomly loose power and slow down. machine only has 4500 hrs and in terrific condition. No warning lights on! It does seem to have a electrical glitch once in awhile for the auto idle & track speed. It doesn’t smoke, starts up great. Any ideas? Thank you in advance
I purchased the machine this past spring. I guess I should replace the fuel filter. I read someplace about screen filters. Where are these located?
Drain the tank sump too.
Silly skyking, he drains the sump every day just like the manual says to Take a look on JDparts or whatever they call it now, it looks like this might not have a screen in the tank, if it does have one, you'll have to drain the tank and remove the fitting to see if it's on the fitting or non removeable. Does the engine lose speed when it does this? not a hydraulic problem then.
ROFL! Waiting for the " Where's the tank sump"?
It seems to loose Rpm’s not hydraulic power. Boggs down or idles down. Like I mentioned it did or does have a glitch in the power mode/properl speed. I never had the power mode switch work until I turned on the headlights and it started to run with more more and propel speed was working in the rabbit mode, before it propelled in slow mode no matter what I had selected. Confused!!!!!!
I wouldn't look farther than fuel to start with. Check the sump and look at what you drain, and then goto the first filter and so on. Take a look at what you pour out when you change them.
How do I drain the sump? I was going to replace the glass fuel filter, didn’t realize there is something else in between the glass filter and the tank
look up under the tank for an open hole in the cover. There's a drain valve with a plug in it, take out the plug and open the drain and catch some in a can and check it out.
Check the fuel tank filler cap for a blocked vent to.
I can't help on the electrical issue, other than to say CHECK THE GROUNDS. But stick with fuel first. Let the sump drain drip into your hand, you'll know when the water ends and the fuel starts because it will bead up differently if your hand is wet or oily. Or open full blast into a can and then check it. Do that before and immediately after to see what you stir up. If you have a square glass box filter, take it off, hold your fingers over the holes and shake it up, then drain through the bottom hole into a jar, shake it again, drain again until the filter is empty, that will remove a bit of the dirt from the filter and show you how bad it was. Don't reuse the filter because you don't know how old it is. put a new one in. Another thing that happens if you have any rubber suction hoses in the fuel system, like from the tank to the transfer pump. Where the hose hangs on the fittings it will crack and suck air, it will start and run fine, but once warm it will act up. Replace any rubber suction hose. You can reuse the fittings and use regular fuel line and hose clamps if you don't want to get a new hose made up at a hydraulic place.
Thank you all for the help. I will update when I get back to the machine
UPDATE— Went to Napa and picked up a new fuel filter. Tried to drain the sump but nothing would come out until I poked a piece of wire in the hole. Lots of crap came out. Pulled the fuel filter off and drained into a bucket and it was NASTY, full of fine black crap. Fired up the machine after priming the filter and it ran great!! Thank you
You're most welcome. Keep after that sump, and do that filter every oil change for a little while. That would be my suggestion.
BINGO If there's enough room, I might even put a hose on the drain valve, leave the valve open and add a second valve where it's easier to reach. This will make it more likely to get drained, AND add more room to collect the sediment in the hose than just the bit above the valve.