Hi I have a 96' 590SL I just bought it,it had a leaking brake line I repaired seems fine now but no free play in peddle. Can they be adjusted? I'm concerned they are holding on a little all the time. Thanks for any reply in advance
Yes they can be adjusted. Remove the square panel on the LH side of steering & it will allow you to see the adjustable rods/clevis between pedals & master cylinders. Unless the locknut has come loose & allowed the adjustment to go out OR unless someone has made an incorrect adjustment - there should be no real reason why you have this happen, unless there is a problem in the rear axle....just thinkin' out loud.
Thanks that is correct, I found a service manual I could look at and they where right. Boy they don't have a lot of free play in them! I also bled them by the book and freed up the parking break they are working great. Thanks for the reply