Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

590sn weak backhoe

Pg1084 ยท 2016-10-11 09:22

I am having a problem with digging and side swing on my 590. The hydraulics seem very weak and will not pull a full bucket of dirt out of the ground at full throttle. Machine works better when in "heavy lift mode " but I cannot work that slow all day any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2016-10-12 09:04

    Have you changed the hydraulic filter ? Cut the old one open and look for metal debris. If it isn't a simple dirty filter the pump may have a problem. The hydraulic tank is full, correct ?

  2. #2Bertrrr2016-10-12 09:58

    did this happen all of a sudden or did you find it getting weak over time ? if it happened overtime , I would think your screen / filter is getting dirty Oil level good ?

  3. #3Pg10842016-10-12 10:10

    Yes found it getting worse over time. It started out with just the stabilizers where I had to use the machine to lift me to put them down now affecting the entire back bucket

  4. #4Pg10842016-10-12 10:15

    I also changed filter and oil never cut the old filter open just figured that was the issue

  5. #5Tinkerer2016-10-12 14:36

    Take the new filter off and cut it open. If it is ok you may have a suction hose between the tank and pump that is collapsed. It may be internal and not real easy to find. I'm thinking the pump is the problem.