Customer of mine has this baler, can not find any info. Duetz engine, gear pumps just replaced, filters replaced, he is complaing of slow hydraulics on all the doors. two pumps feed two separate valves. any ideas would be grateful.
A picture would be helpful. Are all the hydraulic functions slow? Any foaming in the fluid? any funny noises? Have you checked the pressures? Old filters for debris?
I don't have any pictures, no funny noises, I did a once over, not sure where to find pressure ports, they have changed filters, I did advise them today to drain the tank and inspect the suction filters in the tank if there are any. There may have been contamination. Will update as soon as he inspects it, the cold is hindering some motivation lately. Thank you for your input, will keep you posted.
I used to run a Sierra baler which is another Italian baler. The hydraulics were always slow till it warmed up after a couple of hours. Its other issue was that it never worked right unless it had a battery and alternator in tip top condition (12 volt system on it) I also ran and American Aljon 580CL which was a cut far above the Italian baler and much easier to get parts for
Lower door has also stopped working, has voltage at solenoids, spool moves freely in solenoid, removed cap from spool on control valve, spool moves freely. Filters are all clear.
The Sierra I used to run had the same problem almost weekly. It is most likely electrical,for some strange reason they have a separate solonoid for pilot pressure which has to open for each function. Mine was always a limit switch gone bad or a bad wire in the control panel. Yours may not be the same but the pics look real familiar.It also used to slow down because it would try to perform two functions at once but only one would work,this was always in the lids and never affected the plow for some reason. Use a test light on a working function and you will see which ones are live at the same time. That baler used to cause me some major head scratching at times
Did the problem start quickly or over time?
Sometimes the problem would come and go,sometimes get worse over time(rarely) or it would just appear and the affected function would just quit working. 90 % of the time it was a bad connection in the control panel. When I would find it,I would re crimp it and solder. Most of the time it affected the pilot pump