Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

60xt hyd fluid

BUFORD ยท 2015-07-30 14:27

can you use a 1030 synthetic blend in the hydraulics of a 60xt case skid steer. thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-07-31 00:40

    It should be fine. Case calls for No. 1 Engine Oil (MS-1121), but any quality brand of oil should be ok. Make sure to add some HTO additive. ( its a zink and anti foaming additive), its a 20 to 1 ratio.

  2. #2BUFORD2015-07-31 08:02

    thanks I appreciate your input.

  3. #3BUFORD2015-07-31 15:15

    oil I have is mystic 1030 synthetic blend and I have the HTO additive-I do not see anything about the ms1121--it is a cj4-ch4/SM--have not seen anything that would indicate that the synthetic would hurt anything.

  4. #4GaryHoff2015-07-31 21:56

    the ms1121 is a spec that case made up. They did that to have a captive oil, so other oil manufacturers cant easily match the spec. No one will specifically say that you can use another brand of oil in your hydraulics, if it doesn't meet the ms1121 spec. What I can tell you, is that I have used shell oils in the hydraulics, with no issues, and know other people that have used other brands without problems. The ms1121 is mostly just a get out of jail free card for case if there was a warranty issue. cj4 is just the low ash spec for tier 4 engines. No relevance to hydraulics.