Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

61’ AC HD6 Move

Long0 · 2022-07-25 21:58

i posted this thread a couple weeks ago about my grandfathers tractor. HeavyEquipmentForums On Sunday we moved the parts tractor to my cousins place. It runs good, just didn’t need 2 tractors in the yard anymore. 250 miles round trip. One nasty pass right at the beginning. 6 miles with about 4K elevation. Long day.

Replies11
  1. #1D6 Merv2023-02-03 00:43

    AllisHD6 is a mighty little crawler. Ive got 3 of them, 2 wet backend, 1 dry backend, all 1965 build

  2. #2D6 Merv2023-02-03 01:20

    other two

  3. #356wrench2023-02-03 10:21

    If you’re on the Coromandel, did you get any of the severe rain they had in Auckland?

  4. #4D6 Merv2023-02-03 14:27

    Hell im amazed that news made it to the top end of the world. Yes we got all that rain; rain comes in from the east and we get it before them. Coromandel is about 30 miles as the crow flys from auckland across a sea gulf. It alot of photos on news of the 2 main roads closed with massive dropouts were i am; currently has a state of emergency here. Stupid thing is this is our summer here, and we have had a winters worth of rain in a week. 500mm Ground is saturated. Pic 'from my office' high up on main range, looking accross the gulf. Auckland is in furthrest distance to the right.

  5. #556wrench2023-02-03 17:19

    I’ve driven around part of the Coromandel. I’ve got friends on the north island, one in Auckland and the rest down near New Plymouth, inland from Waitara

  6. #6Hank R2023-02-03 19:29

    Never been there but have a friend in Te Puke, he has been up to Canada a few times.

  7. #7willie592023-02-03 20:01

    That HD-6 parked behind the red pickup truck looks like it has the Buda engine in it. I used to operate one just like that, had a horizontal drill rig mounted on the side of it. I finished a job installing horizontal drains in a coal slag pit in Grundy VA, the access road for the trip back to where I could load the rig on a lowboy was about 2 miles and full of turns. As I started the trip out the right steer clutch lever let go, couldn't disengage the right steer clutch. To make a right turn I had to disengage the drive clutch, pull the left steer clutch, set the brake and back up. Took a while to make that trip out.

  8. #8petepilot2023-02-04 22:34

    first track loader i bought was a 6g with a 4 cyl. buda. that was a long time ago

  9. #9willie592023-02-04 22:48

    That old 4 cyl Buda had a sound that's for sure.

  10. #10petepilot2023-02-04 23:01

    really did that was a good old machine. i did some dirt moving & tree pushing with it that most would not believe

  11. #11willie592023-02-05 00:07

    When I first got behind that engine on that drill it had a straight pipe exhaust, good gawd awmighty that summbitch was loud when I was grinding on a rock with a lot of drill feed pressure. I fitted a straight through muffler coming out of the turbo, can be seen in this pic in Monongahela PA. That old Buda had a tone then, she would sing under load.