Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

621B 8HC SN Service Manual

631G · 2023-05-23 08:18

Would anyone happen to know what SN prefix is the closest to an ex-military 8HC prefix serial number 621B to a standard 621B series SN prefix like 45P? I need to get a service manual and am unclear on which SN prefix would cover our machine. Our machine: 621B Wheel Tractor Machine Serial Number - 8HC00010 Machine Build Date - 1985/07/04 From what I can see on a machinery trader search is that SN prefix 45P seems to match the year range of our machine build.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-05-23 12:05

    Your 8HC-prefix machine is actually ex-Navy/Air Force which is somewhat unusual. The equivalent S/N of a commerical machine would be 45P03594. Publication Reference Numbers for Manuals Service Manual - REG01352. Parts Manual - SEBP1267 The Parts Manual above will only be for the tractor. The scraper will have a different S/N, it could be 6XB or 9AC which would cross to a commercial 36V scraper. Parts Manual is UEG0808S.

  2. #2631G2023-05-23 23:18

    Fantastic. Thank you Nige. Manual found a good shape manual on eBay and it has been ordered.

  3. #3631G2023-05-23 23:21

    I’ll get some pictures of the machine and share. There are a good many recently sold ex-military units out on the market now. Most for under $80K or less oftentimes and most with less than 2000 hours and some with less than 1,000. The military is also starting to sell off their 621G units. I’ve seen them go for under $400K with around 600hrs. Hard to beat those prices.