We're going to pull the loader cylinders off tomorrow so they can be resealed. Have pulled cylinders off of an excavator and backhoe before, but never loader cylinders. I'm sure we'll figure it out, just wondering what position is the easiest. We have quick-tach, so I have bucket off. I'm thinking of cribbing the loader up a few feet, and suspending the cylinder with a nylon sling after I get the front pin out? Just kind of wondering if there are any quick and dirty tricks.
Just did that; no tricks... That is what we did, used ratchet straps as slings to control the cylinders. got them on the ground, no problem. Didn't have an excavator around, getting the cylinders into the back of the truck was a big problem... Cribbed closest to horizontal position is what we did; plan ahead to remove the hoses. A small fork lift or a truck crane seems like it would be essential, we didn't have either. PS: I'd have liked to have known any tricks. Shimmy, I didn't think to ask those questions here... you are doing way better than me, on that account...
Diggin in. Speak now or forever hold yer piece
Are you resealing them yourself or taking them somewhere to have done? We did the cylinders on a cat 920 a few years ago I'm pretty sure we cribbed the loader up a foot or two and basically just pulled the front pins and dropped the front of the cylinders down leaving the back pins intact. Then pulled the rams out and resealed everything. Obviously this wouldn't be an option if you are taking them somewhere to be resealed. I'm not familiar with a Case loader though. My $.02
Wow. Love you too, guys. Cylinders were a breeze. 2 hrs, we had them off and in back of pickup. Pulled front pins, lowered the cylinders down. Nylon strap around barrel, pulled back pin, one guy up on tire holding back end, one guy up front directing front end to ground. No, we're taking them in. Thought about doing them ourselves, but decided to let Case do it. Have too much other stuff to get done.