Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

621B Prefix Question

631G ยท 2022-09-09 17:32

I have a 621B with serial number prefix 8HC. Is this prefix close to or the same as the other standard prefixes that I see on available shop service manuals? This machine is ex-military and I am not sure if the components are all the same for this machine prefix as those with another prefix. For example, given this machine was built mid-late 80's would it be closest to a 45P prefix?

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2022-09-09 17:58

    That might be a question Cat could answer better. But just for fun I looked at "TRANSMISSION ARRANGEMENT" for both those prefixes and despite the arrangement numbers being different the list of components in them seem to be the same. If there was a particular item you wanted to compare that might not be too bad, but I would guess that if one was made for military use there would be some options a civilian unit might not have or there could be something left of the military version.

  2. #2Bluox2022-09-09 22:08

    8HC is a military 621B wheel tractor, commercial equivalent 45P3594. Might have a 9AC scraper commercial # 36V2350. Bad Bob

  3. #3631G2022-09-16 22:11

    I thought that 45P might be the closest in relation given the year it was made. Great answers. Thank you.