I’m new to working on heavy equipment so trying to figure the out. It’s a 621D case loader 2003. No warning lights are on. Checked parking brake fuse and relay-ok. Checked br2 brake pressure switch by jumping circuits and brake lights come on as the should. Not sure what any of the other switch’s are for or what to check next. I looked at the brake pad. Should there be a lining on the pad. I see nothing. Looks metal to metal. And see no pad on other side of caliper. I did learn today park brake is applied with spring pressure and released with hydraulic pressure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You are correct about the park brake being spring applied and hyd. released. If you have no warning lights on then either the park switch is bad or the switch in the brake valve. Have you checked your accumulator pressure and brake pressure at park brake caliper? Be sure and apply foot brake with trans in neutral before switching park brake switch to off position.
Hi thanks for your response. I figured it out! I found the parking brake pad completely worn out down to the metal. The outside pad toward the front of loader had actually came out of the bracket/caliper and got wedged between the disc and caliper. After backing off the spring pressure I had to use a big hammer get caliper and pad off of disc. Cleaned the rust off. Installed new pads. Lubed slides up. Adjust parking brake. Holds good and releases now.
Good deal glad you got it fixed.
Working on a Case 621C XT. The caliper is froze to the pins. The pins have a groove in them on the exposed end. Is there a tool to grab on to that to remove them? I have remove the hair clip. I have tapped on them they did not budge.
Those pins are a pain in the rear. They are probably froze up in the caliper, if you can get a pair of vice grips on them try twisting them after spraying with penetrating oil.
I made a c shaped tool which goes on my slide hammer. I will see if that works for me.
Slide hammer did not get them free. I will try a sleeve on my c tool and try pulling them out. Although I did get the caliper to move on the pins, the pins are still stuck in the mounting bracket.
Hey William , we have the same issues with an instrument cluster on a CASE 721 and we find these guys FROM Dashboard Instrument Cluster in Toronto Canada . They fix it for us . I understand they have an office in Miami USA too and I was told by our local Case dealership they are an approved CASE refurbished / repair facility . I hope that will help