Good afternoon everybody, I have a TRAM 624K with fork attachments, which in idle will automatically tilt up as far as possible. I’m pretty new to HE maintenance so I’m looking for advice. The upper fork hydraulic cylinders will just compress after a couple seconds of idling in whatever position it’s in.
Hi Brandon, Thank You for your service to the country! I am a little confused with your terminology. I work with a Marine (no such thing as an ex-Marine, correct) and it took forever to get the Marine terminology out of him . Is the loader boom circuit rising/falling or the bucket circuit curling/dumping? Sounds like your bucket circuit is curling in (rods going in)?? Is it doing it on it's own as soon as you start it?
Thanks for the help! And yes it’s the bucket that’s curling as soon as it starts. The bucket cylinders will retract and tilt the forks up constantly if left idle. Our schematics are pretty bad here so I can’t be for sure if I’m missing anything.
I wish I could post a video of the problem but basically after start up the bucket curls up slowly like the cylinder is losing pressure
Either a bucket valve spool spring has broken or loosened, the pilot joy stick valve is sticking or out of adjustment, or there is debris in circuit. Can you remove and cap off the bucket pilot lines?
What he ^^^^said.
Well gentlemen, as I was going to test those possibilities one of my mechanics got his arm stuck and crushed by the fork and boom cylinders. We were able to save his arm barely, but the TRAM is going to be under investigation for quite awhile, probably won’t be back at it for a few months at least
Was able to start working on it, thank you both for your suggestions, it was debris in the circuit, they did an armored cab swap and used an earplug to cap off the pilot control valve but forgot to take it out and put the line back on, I don’t know how I’m gonna tell this man he nearly lost an arm because of an earplug, but nevertheless thank you all!