Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

624K no steering when under load

danletkeman ยท 2024-08-19 17:05

Hello, I have a 624K loader that will not steer under load and will veer off to the side when trying to go straight. We did replace the steering pump as the issue was similar to another loader that had a leaking pump. That did not solve the issue. We then rebuilt the one leaking steering cylinder and that did not solve the issue. We have not rebuilt the other steering cylinder and I am second guessing myself as to what the issue might be. Would anyone have an idea on what to check? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-08-19 22:27

    I suspect the untouched steering cylinder is bypassing internally. To test the cylinder , install the articulation locking bar. Remove the rod end hose from the suspect cylinder ,plug the hose ,leave the cylinder fitting open. At an engine idle ,slowly turn the steering wheel in the direction that would pressurize the cylinder barrel end and check the volume of escaping oil from the fitting.I suspect it will be a blast of oil and not just a drip.

  2. #2danletkeman2025-02-04 09:08

    It was. After replacing the seals it steers fine now.