I need the production data on a 627G scraper. Gonna use one on a dam with a D8T and some 621's. 627 will move heavy black dirt/gumbo about 1000' one way. Probably self loading a lot until we hit rocky yellow clay/caliche mix. Fuel consumption data would be helpful too. Thanks.
For fuel consumption the Cat Performance Handbook quotes 17.0-18.5 gallons/hr for medium Load Factor (e.g. typical road building), 13-15 for low LF, & 20-23 gall/hr for High LF. If the 1000ft haul is pretty much level I would reckon about 350 cu.yds./hour based on a 50-minute operating hour and 10%rolling resistance both ways. An uphill loaded haul would knock something off that number, as would really soft underfoot conditions. A combination of both would make a serious dent in it. Self-loading will also adversely affect production numbers obviously. However if the haul is downhill loaded then the yard/hr number could easily go up. Hope that helps.
It'll be uphill to both fills. I'll be pulling material out of a creek bottom that's pretty flat with farmland on both sides. On the 1000' haul, I'd imagine the elevation will rise by 10 - 12' according to Google earth. I'd say the black dirt will have pretty good resistance, so I'll go with about 160 yards per hour when I'm self loading. That's right on with what I was thinking; approximately 1600 yards on a good day burning about 20 gals/hour.
please tell me the 27's will be push pulling and not self loading!
I may push a 621B or two with it if it comes as a PP unit. It will be a rental machine and it will be the only twin engine scraper on site.
Yair . . . It's hard to comment on jobs without looking but if the ground will carry 21's I'd look at an egg-beater before working a single 27. Yeah, yeah, they self load . . . but as I think vapor300 is alluding to at a cost. Cheers.
The 621's will be on short haul duty moving topsoil and then gumbo fill for the dam while the 627 has to move the same across the creek and through a soft pumping field to different fill sites. That egg beater won't cross the flowing creek after it gets rutted nor will it handle the mud we're going to hit as we excavate even though we will keep the groundwater pumped down. That's when all scrapers will be push loaded with the D8.
Yair . . . Gotcha d9gdon . As I said it's tough to comment without seeing the job. Cheers.