Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

644c how good is it

pjdiesel ยท 2009-06-24 19:57

Looking at a 644c hours on meter is 8900 don't know if it's right. I was wondering how the transmissions are and what else I should look at. thanks

Replies4
  1. #1ranchingelec2009-06-29 22:07

    We picked ourselves up a 544a Yes it is a little older, but it sure has been a rock solid machine. Pushing brush up, cleaning corals, ect. No complaints so far. John dear has been good to deal with for getting parts. A neighbour has a 644c, uses it for cleaning his drive in the winter. He has had no problems with it so far. Sorry I am no more help but I need to make a few posts in order to ask a few questions about my 544a. Ranchingelec

  2. #2Case 580e2009-06-30 07:39

    Ive got a 644c loading trucks in my pit and that can load faster than a 966 cat and its got some power. One thing the check its the center pin and the cylinders. Thats all I can really think of

  3. #3Vahighwayman2009-06-30 09:00

    The other thing you might need to look at to see about any slop in the upper and lower articulating pins. You don't want the holes that they go into oblonged. Repair is very costly. Another thing is to look at the driveshaft carrier bearing and the disc brake pads and disc.

  4. #4pjdiesel2009-07-01 20:14

    Tried it out today, ran good brakes were good two bad things were hydro. leak somewere on trans and center pins were really bad must be warn into frame. thanks for your input , someone told me c models had bad tranmissions, true or false, I always heard the E models were bad not the c model.