hey guys. Just picked up an early 90s 644e John Deere. Got a great deal...has 20k hrs but rebuilt at 15. Anyway, it's been sitting for a few years. It fired right up and runs decent. Seems to have a small skip in an injector once you take off but clears up once you get Rpms up. Also digging into a pile, doesn't have the power it should. The wheels should spin like my other loader but it doesn't. It's just lacking a little bit. Any thoughts? I'm going to throw some new fuel filters in today but my guess is it won't clear up. Is there a way to turn the pump up or adjust the timing to make it have a little more snot? Any ideas would be helpful thanks
One thing I would do first is see if you have a miss . Get a infrared thermometer and check temp at exhust where it comes out of head to see if temperatures are about the same, if not you have problem with cold cylinder. When you rev up engine you may not notice miss
I have to know what inj. pump you have.. and pump #'s.
Measure the turbo boost pressure. Some JD technical manuals used that as a rough measure of the engines performance, not enough fuel, not enough boost.
I have an E that I babysit and repair, it'll spin in 1 and 2 without much trouble. Does the rpm seem to come up okay? might be worth changing the transmission filter and take a peek inside, there's another filter, screen inside the trans suction line, easy to get to. Fuel filter is probably a great idea! Maybe check the fuel line to make sure its not collapsed or plugged in the tank, its a pretty short line.