My 650J won't shift forward speeds or reverse. It says in 1.6 on the display. It shows no codes, I have checked for wire damage and they look good. I found the brake solenoid discolored looks like it has been hot. Going to replace it, but it was still working when we removed it. The dozer will move but just won't shift speeds, in reverse it will shift by slowing down the reverse % knob. Any ideas Thanks Tom
I replaced brake solenoid today , did not help, still won't speed up from default speed of 1.6. ???
Is the warm up indicator light on by the throttle control? Check the tcu by the seat and see if there is codes. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks AndrewC I did not even know about the TCU under that cover, I was reading the codes on the dash display. It showed F3T4 which is the t-handle speed switch. It cost $663, I'm going to try and fix it before I pay that. I took it off and called my cousin who can fix most anything electronic. He checked it out and thinks one of the resistors is bad. Going to solder a new one on and we will find out.
That's awesome, if he can fix it great! If not, that's not too bad of a price I think the last time I priced one it was about double.
We got the dozer back shifting right again, he only cleaned the switch with electronic cleaner cost $6 . Been working fine ever since. We got it fixed a couple weeks ago just been busy farming. Thanks again AndrewC. Tom
That's even better. Not a problem. Take it easy.