Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650g series 5 trians issues 1 st gear want pull

chris allen ยท 2016-08-03 21:48

hey guys, my 650 started getting slower an slower bout going into first gear, go to were it took nearly 10 seconds to take gear, but will take all other gears fine, but when it does take first gear itll push hard all day long, I went to the control valve body an removed the plug for #1 clutch press. an put a test fitting in, cranked it up an press was reading 250 psi, even checked the forward an reverse clutch too. checked 2 3 4 clutchs an all read 250 psi. so even when it shifted into first gear an the pressure was reading 250 psi an after bout 10 seconds of running itll finally engage into gear. pulled the suction screen outta bottom of trains. an screen was nice an clean, but when I put my hand down in filter housing I found several peaces of clutch disc snap rings. though to myself that #1 clutch basket has come apart. removed trains out an took apart an went threw all 3 section forward an reverse, first an sec,an third an forth, noticed several snap rings were broken out an a basket chipped were ring goes, so I replaced the # 1 basket (drum) an resealed piston seals threw out all assemblies an all clutch basket snap rings, so though we had it fixed, so after putting it all back together now it want even take first gear at all, an the clutch pressure is still at 250 psi, so we pulled trains back out an took all back apart an relooked over it all an found nuthin wrong, reassembled it all back an reinstalled to tractor an put it in first gear an I think it did finally take first gear once then I shifted to second an then back to first an it wouldn't go back to first anymore, when shifted into first gear I can hear the trains spinning but want take gear tho, so I removed the trains hydraulic valve body an started takeing it apart an noticed that the modulation accumulator an modulation valve springs were brocken, theres a big spring with a smaller one inside it, well the big one is broke an the smaller one is bent a lil. so is this my problem, im not sure what the modulation valve does , so im ordering new gaskets an new springs an hopeing this is my issues, but if the valve springs are causeing the issues why is it only effecting first gear only? any ideas

Replies4
  1. #1moriboy2016-08-06 09:24

    I don't have any advice on the trans problem, but I have the same machine and am always willing to learn from others on this forum. Here's a free BTT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2chris allen2016-08-06 21:02

    awww man though ya had some advice for me,,, this things giving me dang fits here. hopeing the modulation valve that has the broke springs is whats going on with mine. somebody out heres gotta know whats going on.

  3. #3chris allen2016-08-08 20:54

    went to deer today an got my new modulation valve springs today an installed them an replaced gaskets in valve body an cleaned all parts an reinstalled to tractor, seemed to start shifting like suppose too, just to let anyone know that may run into this down the road.

  4. #4moriboy2016-08-08 21:11

    Thanks for the update. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk