Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650h Lgp

Dirt Diggler ยท 2004-10-27 18:17

He pic my 650H LGP

Replies16
  1. #1Dirt Diggler2004-10-27 18:20

    And a Pic of My CAT 277

  2. #2Dirt Diggler2004-10-27 19:13

    I've Got Some More Pics i'll post if ya want to see them!

  3. #3BKrois2004-10-27 20:41

    Go ahead and post more pictures. Its always nice to see more iron

  4. #4Steve Frazier2004-10-27 22:39

    Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums How do you like the 277? I've got a 248 I absolutely love, and have been considering one of the tracked machines as a second unit. Any downsides to the tracked versions?

  5. #5Dirt Diggler2004-10-27 23:42

    Thanks for the welcome! As far as the 277 I love the machine,the only down side is when time comes to replace the tracks i was told they are $3600 dollars each. But far as wear the machine has 1200hrs on it and the tracks only showing minimal wear.I run the machine on the asphalt alot when i'm layin sod(running back an fourth to pick up the sod rolls) and the track really take a beating. In my opion tracks is the only way to go. Here are some more pics

  6. #6John Banks2004-10-28 17:51

    Steve, as we noticed with the ASV, if you're turning on delicate ground, you need to make wide sweeping turns so as not to disturb the sod. If you're making sharp turns, as you know with any tracked vehicle, it's going to pull up the turf. As for the track cost, while have not yet replaced any tracks, I have seen them lower than the $3,600.00 Dirt Diggler, was that price from a dealer? Another contractor we work with just replaced a track on a small excavator. Price from the dealer was about $3,500.00 while he went elsewhere, someone from Machinery Trader and I believe he paid about $1,600.00 for the same track.

  7. #7Dirt Diggler2004-10-28 17:59

    Yea that price was for my Cat Dealer, I was told that you can only get the tracks from the dealer since the undercarrige is made by ASV on this machine. But i don't know how true this is, haven't checked into that far yet John do you see many people using the harley power box rake in your area?

  8. #8Steve Frazier2004-10-29 00:59

    John, I do the same routine with my skid steer to avoid tearing up turf. I bought a Harley rake last season, I use it fairly often to reclaim construction areas, it speeds production quite a bit. I've used the Harley, Preparator and chain style rake, I think the Harley does the best job at soil prepping.

  9. #9John Banks2004-10-29 09:07

    It's probably 50/50 between the Harley Rake and the Rock Hound. We have used both, each in different situations.

  10. #10Tigerotor77W2004-11-01 23:57

    Love to see more pics... how's the power on the 277?

  11. #11Dirt Diggler2004-11-14 21:57

    The power on the 277 is great. I rented a T300 this week for my grading and sod crew give me a couple of days and I will compare the two and let you know how i like the T300. And i just started a 40 acre clearing job I'll post some pics from it.

  12. #12Tigerotor77W2004-11-15 20:06

    Cool, thanks.

  13. #13CascadeScaper2005-02-28 02:04

    Nice looking equipment! Those Deere 650's are pretty unbeatable and I'm a die hard Cat fan...Pretty tough for me to admit a loss. LOL. BTW, is the glass on those things tinted? It looks really dark, I kind of like it!

  14. #14coopers2005-03-01 17:56

    Nice machines! The dozers sweet, that'd be cool if we bought some of our dozers with a cab like yours. We carry 450's and have one older 650G. Cool pics. post more if you got them. Blake WA

  15. #15Dirt Diggler2005-05-20 22:46

    650h Lgp 5/19/05

  16. #16Tigerotor77W2005-05-21 15:10

    Great pics; beautiful machine!