my ford 655c is blowing the 5amp shuttle shift fuse. I replace the fuse and it works fine. It seems to happen more often when I am on a steep down grade. How do I get the front bucket control stick apart, (dump valve control button) I think a wire in it may be shorting out, the knob turns or seems to be loose. also gear shifter has a dump valve control button, how does it come apart?
Welcome to HEF didioca! I have no real experience on your model tractor, the parts list for the lever does not show a breakdown of the handle. But, it does list the items that make it up, switch & 2 x screws. Put your head under the handle & see if you can spot the screw heads or maybe some plugs that may be hiding them. Just an educated guess ........
655c blowes shuttle shift fuse the the front bucket stick knob turns on the stick it looks like ti is snapped together plastic. I do not want to break it when checking for a short in the cluch disconnect button contacts. I can not see any screws.
Can you post a picture of what you are looking at? You might be able to use a VOM to read from the output side of that 5 amp fuse to ground while fooling with the part you think might have the short. At some point in the circuit you will read the ohms in the device maybe which should not be zero ohms. Do you see a wrench fitting?
blowing fuse on shuttle shift The short or what ever is blowing the fuse is intermintent. The reason I suscpect the front bucket control is the handle has been loose (turns on the stick) since I bought the hoe 2 years ago. I have the repair manual but it does not show how the knob is attached. The problem may not even be in the knob. But I thought it would be a good place to start. If any one has traced the wires for the shuttle shift on a 655c with cab please explane the route the wires go from the fuse box to the solenoid. I am using the hoe every day. In a couple weeks I hope to get the hoe in my shop and tear into the problem. thanks for any help you may supply.