So I have this 1966 Chicago pneumatics tow behind I'm trying to get the thing to idle down when air isn't being used. I think I could be the speed control linkage"set up wrong" maybe, it's missing.a spring somewhere, or didn't hook something up right in the speed air regulator that I took apart and put back together or something else I ain't thinking about. Hell a service manual would be amazing if someone had one I can't find any info on this thing anywhere. Only thing I know is that its model and size number 77103 85rg-1 has a continental engine in it
Have you tried contacting Chicago Pneumatic to see if they have old manuals? What engine does it have?
I have several times even atlas copco also oldest record they have is from early 90s or late 80s
And continental f163
Very good engine. Anybody that works on Lincoln welders will know everything there is to know about the F163 and the earlier F162. Miller used them in a bunch of welders as well. They were also used in forklifts.
I'll try there again then what forum should I try
Is there an issue with the engine or just it won't idle with no load? I think you could just Google Continental F163 with the problem you have and lots would come up. You might even try CP compressor won't idle down. The Welding Web has a lot of info in the Lincoln forum and the SA200 sticky.
I mean I did try pretty much every way I could think on go to get the answer to my question. But I'll try It again. Yeah only if issue is it won't idle down
I'd look into the mechanism that makes it idle down and what triggers it to change the RPM's. It might be similar on different brands of compressors.
Yeah mines a type 22 controller it says on the tag not sure what else to call It other than that and pneumatic idler, speed air regulator, air ram idler lol
I'm not sure maybe Im just misreading or misinterpreting the directions
Any chance you can post up some pictures of the actual governor setup? Is it air or cable controlled?
Sorry didn't see your comment I tried posting a video but in the video if you move the rod on the carb side it only works that to the governor. From the speed actuator to the other rod it just works the bottom part of the linkage on the governor arm hopefully that makes sense. This has been driving me nuts trying to figure this out with hardly no info on this machine out there I'm about to say screw my project truck for now and tear this down "kidding" or just go buy a newer one which don't need to it fires right up just can't figure out the idler mechanism