HI...the # 2 pump on my old 680CK has gagged, and the machine's not much use on 3 cylinders. It has a 301 diesel, the pump is a Bosch A type # 91152733, HES4A 60CH420 LS2263, 0400 874 101. I'm looking for a good used one, or a rebuilt I can afford. This machine has been a reliable beater backhoe since it's retirement some 20 years ago. Thanx....Karl
I am not sure what you mean by #2 pump. If it is still running on three cylinders maybe it is just an injector. We have a member on HEF that is a professional pump / injector man. Do a search for thepumpguysc. I am sure he can help you.
Thanks Tinkerer I wasn't clear enough--#s 1,3, and 4 cylinders are getting fuel from their individual connections to the main injector pump. With the engine running at 1500 RPM there is no fuel delivered to #2 injector . With the fuel line nut completely backed off there is no fuel supplied to the line to #2 injector. To me it looks like a broken spring, a seized plunger, or even worse, a bad cam lobe. I am very open to suggestions....Karl
Thats a PES 4A ..Remove the side cover on the pump and it will give you access the the inerds to see if its a broken spring or a stuck plunger..
Thanx pumpguy.. I'll go have a boo when the rain and wind quit....Karl D
pumpguy...I opened up the side plate, no broken spring, fired it up and everything seems to be jumping up and down properly, rack moves OK. Does this make it a stuck plunger? My parts book doesn't show any blowups for the pump so I'm kindof in the dark here...Thanx....Karl
pumpguy...I opened up the side plate, no broken spring, fired it up and everything seems to be jumping up and down properly, rack moves OK. Does this make it a stuck plunger? My parts book doesn't show any blowups for the pump so I'm kindof in the dark here...Thanx....Karl
If the spring is going up and down ITS FULL TRAVEL then its probably ok. I would hold the rack to "shut-off" position and get someone to turn the engine over with the starter, that way you can see it working in "slow motion"..its very difficult to see it working at running speed. It might be something simple like a broken delivery vale gasket? IF you decide to remove the top nut[delivery valve holder] CLEAN the area WELL!! The holder will have an oring on it and a copper gasket underneath, there is also a spring and volume reducer under the DV holder..DONT LOOSE THEM . The DV holder needs to be torqued back down to 30-35 ftlbs. I'v seen where JUST a loose DV holder will create the same problem.I dont recommend removing the DV as it may "stick" to the barrel and dislodge it from its bore, then your in trouble.. IF you feel like you need to pull the pump..contact TINKERER for instructions..HE'S AN EXPERT..lol If you like, I can get you the P# of the DV gasket and oring on Monday and you can get the parts locally BEFORE you start on it again.
Thanx...The part #'s would be great. I've been wrenching diesels since I was a puppy, but have never opened up an injector pump. Apparently I listened to whoever it was who said isolate the problem and bolt on a rebuild...K
oring p#..1 410 210 017..bosch dv gskt p#...1 410 105 001..bosch
Thank you, Thank you Today was an auspicious one-it felt just right to tackle the injector pump. Scrubbed the area with diesel and a toothbrush and dried it off with a few shots from a can of starting ether. Because the screw holding the clamps was on the backside (probably deliberately to keep guys like me out) I spent several hours getting the screw backed out 3/4 of a turn. I took a break, ground a smallish cold chisel to a single sharp bevel and smacked the head off. After unscrewing the dv holder I could see the copper washer lurking inside. It looked a bit worn. I carefully picked it out with tweezers, and put the new one in, and reassembled and torqued it down. A screw from the collection of Obtanium replaced the headless one for the clamp. After a bit of dickabout getting the air out of 1 and 2 it is running like a charm. With the extra revs it will most likely start blowing hoses.....Thank you thank you for the info and part #'s. Back in my salad days I ended up in a little place on Wadmalaw Island called Botany Bay on a locally built schooner. If the memory is correct it's about 30 miles S of Charleston...you anywheres close?
Glad you got her going..this stuff is easy if you have the right guidance.. I DO know Wadmalaw..NICE PLACE if you can get past the sand gnats..lol WHEN EVER I get a call from there, first thing in the tool bag is "deep woods off"..lol