Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

680 k case air problems

Ralph L ยท 2014-07-26 10:51

I have a 680k backhoe. can someone give me some trouble shootting tips on the air system. Last winter there was not enough air to release the parking brake. I thought somethin got frozen so wait things to warm in the spring. I did wait for warm weather and things started working again but air pressure build-up took a little longer. Today there is not enough air to release the parking brake like last winter. I needed to move the backhoe so I connected annther airline to the system to just relese the parking brake. When I did that the air being pumped in went throgh the backhoes compressor and came out the air filter that supplies air to that air pump. Does the air compressor have a checkvalve built in it? If it duesnt, where is the checkvalve? If anyone has any ideas, I will appreciate a response to this thread.

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2014-07-26 12:37

    Sounds like the check valve isn't seating and the air coming from the outlet is recirculating back into the compressor

  2. #2Ralph L2014-07-26 19:26

    I believe your right. Do tou know where the check valve is?

  3. #3Tinkerer2014-07-26 22:13

    I may be wrong , but #25 and #27 are listed in the parts book as valves. #24 is the inlet and #27 is the outlet. You can view it here http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr49813ar1077216

  4. #4Goose2014-07-26 22:16

    Follow the larger air line from the compressor to the air tank. The check valve should be at the end of that hose. The check valve screws into a tee fitting that has a smaller line coming out of it.