Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

680ck

Mopar guy · 2024-05-09 20:19

What group number battery would you guys recommend for a 680ck with a 301bd in it

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-09 21:47

    There are 5 different models (variations) of the 680CK's. A serial number is needed to give any accurate information. I have one of the last CK's that were made. It originally had two 6 volt battery's to supply 12 volts to the system. I deleted them and put a single and the biggest 1000 CCA that would fit in one of the trays.

  2. #2Mopar guy2024-05-11 18:37

    One more ? I think someone put the wrong pulley on the air compressor any idea what diameter the pulley should be my book gives the part number but of course no size L53258

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-05-12 11:43

    Exactly 7 & 1/2 inches in width. I didn't remember you wanted that you wanted the diameter, I can measure it later today.

  4. #4Mopar guy2024-05-12 13:57

    Ok thanks I appreciate it

  5. #5Mopar guy2024-05-12 14:47

    Someone did put the wrong pulley on . should be fun to find a correct one

  6. #6Tinkerer2024-05-12 22:24

    You will probably never find the pulley alone. The complete compressor would be easier to find. The 680E's used a water cooled compressor but I think the pulley on it will fit yours.

  7. #7Tinkerer2024-05-13 07:41

    A truck repair shop should be able to locate a pulley for the one you have. Or, you could install a 680E compressor, but it would need coolant hoses connected to it. It should be an easy conversion.

  8. #8Mopar guy2024-05-13 09:09

    Thanks for your reply the hunt is on again for this old girl . I have fixed a lot of backyard mechanic on stuff on the old girl