Hi all - been having problems with the alternator. It has three terminals on alternator but the plug only has two of the 3 terminals in it. When I pulled it off, there was a ring terminal attached with a broken wire on it. Would this have been the wire that went to the 'r' terminal on the alternator? Or what is supposed to go to the 'r' terminal? It hasn't ever been charging right, but I don't want to smoke anything by hooking it up before getting some input. A lot of the wiring has been hacked previously going to all the environ. Cab wiring, so yeah, it's kind of a mess.
I don't know if this helps. It is from the Case on line parts manual.
I went to case construction online parts and the diagram I got was definitely not as descriptive as yours. Am I in the wrong place? That did definitely help, thanks.
i bet that was under the harness section. case diagrams can go all over the place sometimes
Here ya go QVERTORQUED ! ------------> http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr67900ar449155
Thank you muchly.
You are welcome !
Tinkerer, is there an online service manual?
I haven't found one yet. Looking tho.
What are your questions? I don't have any specific knowledge of this model but I do have a good understanding of what makes alternators work. The stuff I work on doesn't have manuals, you just have to know how the common parts fit together.
Got it covered on the alternator - replaced the voltage regulator and diodes and works great. Beats the heck out of buying a new one.