Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690 E LC stutter

jbzoner ยท 2006-01-03 16:10

I'm hoping that someone on this forum can provide some insight. I have a '95 John Deere 690 E LC that has a "strange" stutter/flutter- heck if I know what to call it... On the main boom (the one closest into the operator station), when descending without a load- there is almost a 'step' function as the cylinders compress. I can hear the bleed off from the hydraulics, and it's inconsistent, matching the bouncing of the arm coming down. To put it another way- when going down, the bouncing of the arm is enough to shake the entire machine, even well bedded and stable. On uneven ground- yikes! The problem is NOT consistent. Only occurs when system is warm (about after 25 minutes of operation). I have replaced the spool filter (and cut it open- nothing of note). Been to talk to the dealers and mechanics in the area- no help. Any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1Nac2006-01-03 17:18

    Maybee to holding valve on the cylinder is sticking

  2. #2dayexco2006-01-04 18:05

    dumb question, could you have a slug of air in that circuit? a hoist circuit really wouldn't be a circulating circuit, possibility of air trapped there?