Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690C excavator

Kyle87 ยท 2023-09-19 10:31

I have a 690C excavator and I lost all control functions. Control valve is working fine and the pump has oil going through it. I was driving up an incline when I lost all functions. I'm thinking that it possibly got air introduced to the pump but everywhere I check there seems to be hydraulic oil in the hoses. Anything in particular that I should be looking for? Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-09-19 11:35

    Can you be more specific please I assume you mean moving joysticks and there is no response at all.

  2. #2Kyle872023-09-19 12:24

    Joysticks or pedals for travel. Neither work

  3. #3Kyle872023-09-19 12:42

    Prior to this issue I had the hose that comes off of the accumulator blow a hole in it but I replaced it and ran the excavator for about a half hour digging stumps and everything worked fine.

  4. #4Steve Austin2023-09-19 13:26

    You are clearing digging stumps first i would check cover under cab to make sure no limbs or roots have pushed bottom cover up possibly hitting pilot shut off valve lever or binding linkage.

  5. #5Kyle872023-09-19 13:30

    I checked the valve and linkage and everything is operating the way it should

  6. #6Steve Austin2023-09-19 14:40

    I am sending you a parts diagram may are may not be correct SR# but should be close. I would say you replaced hose 1, it could be possibly some foreign material even from new hose entered pressure reducing valve 12 or check valve 26 causing you problems.

  7. #7Kyle872023-09-19 14:58

    Ok I will check into this. I do have oil coming out of hose 1 by the accumulator. After replacing that hose it did seem like there was a few times that it hesitated during operation but it was only a slight hesitation when I was turning the table.

  8. #8Kyle872023-09-19 18:34

    The issue was in the pressure reducing valve. Thank you. Do you know where I can get a replacement filter for it? I seen the one in there is in rough condition

  9. #9Steve Austin2023-09-19 20:21

    Filter kit AT105419 $44.20 from dear dealer shows available to order. You will also need an O-ring R29936 $4.36. The kit has filter, 2 springs and one O-ring.

  10. #10Steve Austin2023-09-19 20:22

    Meant Deere dealer.

  11. #11Kyle872023-09-19 20:24

    Ok sounds good. Thanks again

  12. #12Steve Austin2023-09-19 21:09

    Sending you part number pages to go with diagram.