Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690elc no start after running

tylerdix09 · 2024-04-18 18:49

My 690elc will start fine and operate fine in the morning. It will get a little hot in the afternoons but if I turn it off and try to start it again it won't start just turns over. I have fuel at the injectors.

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-04-19 01:00

    Sounds like the internals of the injection pump is sticking when hot not allowing proper fuel delivery. @thepumpguysc may be able to help out with your Stanadyne DB4 injection pump.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-04-19 01:06

    If it’s a DB4 Stanadyne pump, the voltage is stamped into the top cover.. Thanks Dave

  3. #3tylerdix092024-04-19 08:17

    Is there a way to clean it out. Or does it need replacing

  4. #4Vetech632024-04-19 08:21

    Probably rebuilding and TPG can do that for you. I've heard he will rebuild fuel pumps for a nice backrub.......if you're into that sort of thing. Most opt to give him a bad check.