Has anyone sold or knows of someone selling a 2016 or 2017 579 Pete that has replaced the motor with a 6NZ recently. I lost one almost 2 years ago that laid over and had it under insured, had a 2016 catch fire on June 9th and still fighting with Insurance. There is I believe right at 860,000 miles on truck and just a little under 200,000 miles on this rebuilt motor (Cat platinum overhaul kit) 3406E 6NZ C15 600HP 2050 LBS/FT Torque 13 speed transmission truck when I ordered this I put just about everything I could in it. Tires at 80% there first offer was 38,500 2 weeks ago and they just called and offered 48,750 or 45,000 and I and can have the truck back. I need some more info to prove they are way under value of what this truck is worth and would buy this truck back just for the motor it really is not in that bad of shape. or if anyone is interested in it let me know I'm going out of business, thanks much I also have 379's from year 2004 to 2007 for sale that all but one have recent rebuilds 1) 2015 389 6NZ Cat Platinum overhaul I believe just over 100,000 miles on rebuild also 29 reefer trailers ageing from 2015 - 2019 THANKS MUCH
Well after 2.5 seconds on google i found this. Just because the money was spent to swap engines probably doesnt mean a whole lot to the adjuster.
The only way it makes sense to spend those dollars on any truck is if you can/hope to get the miles out of it to recoup the investment. Insurance companies don't give a single F about what you've spent on the truck, unless you're paying for whatever number you tell them, and then you'd be extremely lucky to get 75% of that if you totalled it. Take your $45k and be happy they're letting you have the truck so cheap.
I agree with Shimmy1...... Take the $45k and say "Thank you"
A 6NZ is just a better performance spec'd engine, otherwise it's just the same old overhead cam 3406, basically.
Around here, guys had a lot of injector trouble with the Es, that seemed to almost go away with the 6NZ. Are the injectors different?
From the time of the first E model in 1994, that engine had so many updates it wasn't funny. Back in then it was bad camshaft/roller rocker issues, finding a replacement got tough, plus rockers breaking on top of it. Injector sleave O-rings was another. The 1LW had a issue with cranks. Once the updates were done, the E model was as reliable as any, as far as injectors I believe those went through a update to. The fuel line to front of head was a pain, then it was changed to a steel line. But that said--if anyone can find a engine that didn't have updates by any manufacture it had to be the only one ever built. * A great example is the N14--Cummins ran the 855 through about every configuration thinkable and after all those years of R&D finally built the N14 with very little issues. It only took Cummins 21 years to refine it to the level of the black & red engine then tossed it in the scrap bin to build the ISX-X15 that still has people nervous to buy one.
Witnessed the bad of ISX at the shop I work out of, not all that familiar with the X15 but NOT impressed of it either. 6NZ is just a gimmick, as TS noted, is a performance version that tends to stand out. Today there are so many Frankenmotors out there the Foreman at Cat noted there is no Pure Bred ANY Form of cat Truck engine any longer. Commended me on the BXS/6NZ conversion, heavier crank better rods, decompress then add processor to build 6NZ and single out turbo all is good.
There maybe be a few left untouched. Cant be many seems most are on thete 3rd or 4th rebuild