Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

70’s CASE CK 580 BATTERY

Bigchuck ยท 2021-03-24 20:37

What is the best battery for me to use in my mid 70's Case CK 580 Backhoe. The battery in it isd very old and does not hold a charge anymore. I cant get to it right now due to road closure before our camp so if someone has info would help alot. I can pick one up before i head in around May. Many thanks to all. PS I will be doing some repairs to it this spring, mostly on backhoe cylinders and some new hoses. I dont need to rebuild the valve bank since my Father in Law did it before he passed. I will surely be busy working on it to bring it back to its former glory. Big Chuck

Replies2
  1. #1Coaldust2021-03-25 23:32

    Big Chuck, Nobody has replied, yet. A group 29H from your favorite battery store should fit your old Case just fine. NApA, Wallyworld, Interstate, Whatever.

  2. #2outlawspeeder2021-03-30 18:12

    I just did this, that is the right size and go for the most cold cranking Amps. Look at where the negative and positive posts are. I also put in new cables with a shut off (hidden). It isn't going to stop the bad guy but it will slow them down enough for me to grab the gun.