Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

700j Doest won’t put power to injection pump solenoid!

nickanderson.12181 ยท 2026-06-23 15:01

I have been all over this thing. They had replaced the pump and solenoid. I checked all the wiring couldn't find any breaks and had continuity. Runs on either. If I put 12 volts onto solenoid it starts and runs but can't leave it like that because it only takes 12 initially and then has a 5 v hold. Even getting it running in those ways it won't put out any codes. This machine has codes in service manual for the ECM shorting out or internal issues. So if that were the issue you'd think it would put out a code for it? The ECM is also working for everything else. That's the only thing making me hesitant about sending it off to be repaired. From what I've read it's saying there is a internal ground issue. I cleaned all the grounds and made sure they were all intact with no breaks. Really all I can find on the 700's are TCM issues. Has anyone else had this issue before? Or could point me any other direction to check before saying the ECM is bad? PE6068T550971 engine s/n T0700JX124840 Dozer s/n

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612026-06-24 04:43

    Did you load test the wires to the injection pump? Continuity testing of the wires is only appropriate for testing for opens, not load carrying capacity. A scope could quickly identify whether the ECU driver is working or not. ECU's were a common failure point on those machines (as were the injection pumps and the injection pump wiring). One symptom of a failed ECU was running/no running issues with no codes.

  2. #2nickanderson.121812026-06-24 08:55

    Yes I load tested them that's how I got it to start on 12v. I don't have an oscilloscope unfortunately it's definitely something I'm going to look into now! Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.