Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

700J Fuel Pressure problem

PineTreeAssassin · 2020-07-24 11:10

Looking at purchasing a 700j lgp with 5,000hrs. Machine was a trade in and is on the dealer’s lot. They allowed me to run the machine on a stockpile, and while dropping the blade down into the pile to load up the blade, I noticed the machine lost a lot of power. Psi is around 12,000 Under full throttle and drops to around 8,000Psi under load. Machine would not throw a code while doing that either. My question to you guys does this sound like bad injectors? Machine has been completely serviced, and from my knowledge should throw a code of some sort like fuel derate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612020-07-24 12:12

    Serial number? Does it have stored codes? Before I would be looking at expensive stuff I would eliminate the low pressure fuel system first. A defective low pressure system can cause the high pressure to drop. Normally that would throw a mismatch code but I have seen stranger things happen.

  2. #2PineTreeAssassin2020-07-24 12:19

    Last six of the serial #189433. No stored codes. I think the John Deere service tech may have cleared them when the track sensors were changed.