So time to do fluids in my beast as I am not sure how old the hydro fluid is. I have Baldwin filters for the pilot filter as well as the largr hydraulic filter the goes in the tank. My service manual shows a pickup strainer at the bottom of the tank. It crosses over to a Fleetguard and Donaldson filter but none of them or the JD version appear to be in stock or available anywhere. Is this washable maybe? The manual calls for AW32 oil, Nige indicated that zinc content can kill a Hitachi which is basically what I have. I was going to go with Chevron AW32 any thoughts?
The screen in the bottom of the tank is metal and washable and usually doesn't need to be replaced unless it is damaged. The book I have says to use Hygard. John Deere used Hygard in many of their excavators as factory fill all the way up to around 2005 when they switched over to the zinc free oil. If the original John Deere Maintenance decal is still on the machine I would go with the oil that is listed on it.