Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

70mm pin size bucket on a 65mm Pin size Dromone grabber

@realistic_view ยท 2019-08-24 09:47

Hey guys, I have a 120 JD excavator with 65mm pins. It has a Dromone hydraulic grabber. I want to get a tree stumper and rake attachment for it. I found a used one in great shape for 1/2 price of a new one. The issue is that this for a 160 size Hyundai machine with 70mm pins. My question is if I turn the pins down in the center to 65mm, will my grabber grab it? The 160 stick width is a little wider, which is no big deal, I can just fab up spacers. Between centers of the pins is might be. My 120JD is 14.25 the 160 is 16.14. Do you think I could make this work? Alan Ward

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-08-24 09:57

    Is the width of your pin grabber able to fit between the gussets? Are the pins far enough apart that your coupler will be able to get a proper "grip" on the pins. You also have to consider secondary safety devices. Some couplers have a swinging toggle that won't allow the jaw to come out of battery if it's not in full curl, if it is never opened far enough, that device could be rendered useless. Measure pin spread and width of coupler body. Compare to what you have now. Some attachment are too narrow for some couplers. Good luck.

  2. #2@realistic_view2019-08-24 10:07

    So this rake gussets are a little wider, so I can put a shim on each side for that. The pin spread itself is wider. I may just buy new 65mm pin bosses and cut out the 70's