Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

70s JD 410 hydraulic filter

snug hill ยท 2016-11-06 18:01

I have two canister filters near the transmission going to change them I was told there is also a screen that has to be cleaned also. I was told to remove filter mounts? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Scott

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2016-11-06 19:10

    HeavyEquipmentForums Try this thread. If that doesn't look like your setup, then search "HeavyEquipmentForums john deere screen" and it will bring up a list of threads to look at for one that looks like your's.

  2. #2wrwtexan2016-11-06 19:59

    It is based on a farm tractor (ie 2030) which has a screen laying crossways in the bottom behind a plug on the right side on the farm version and behind the barb and hose between the trans housing and filter on the TLB version. Bit of a pain to remove as the extra filter and base has to be removed to clean it. All fluid will come out as it is the trans pump intake.

  3. #3snug hill2016-11-09 08:58

    Thankyou Big help appreciate the posts