Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

70XT Case hydraulic oils

Case4bt ยท 2016-01-04 21:59

Hey guys, Just purchased my first skid steer today! A case 70xt in mint shape with 900hrs. So when it hits 1000hrs I want to do a bunch of maintenance like change the hyd oil, but all the manual says is use "10w30 motor oil".. so I would like to put in the Rotella T semi synthetic 10w30 Diesel engine oil. Just wondering if that would be a great oil to use?

Replies7
  1. #1GaryHoff2016-01-04 23:52

    It should be fine. It should also call for hto additive, 20 to 1 ratio.

  2. #2Case4bt2016-01-05 08:19

    Thanks for the reply! Yes i seen it mention i would also need 1.4 litres of HTO. i am really impressed with the service manual except when it comes to that. I thought the lubrication guidelines would be a bit more detailed.

  3. #3wildchild03412016-02-23 10:35

    Gary did not know how to contact you directly so I don't mean to be cutting in on somebodys post. Forgive me I am new to this site. I see you are very smart on this stuff so I was wondering if you could help me out. I will go start a new post if you could look it up and help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks Leon

  4. #4GaryHoff2016-02-24 21:55

    wildchild0341, I will help you the best that I can. Start a new post, there is a lot of knowledgeable members here on HEF. If you want to contact a member directly, click on their name, and select send private message or send e-mail. Probationary members cant send private messages.

  5. #5wildchild03412016-02-29 09:57

    Thanks Gary how long am I on probation, hmm. I thought I did a new post the other day but got on here today to see if I had replys and cant find my post, Hmmm. Will try again.

  6. #6Lindsey972018-12-15 18:59

    What is HTO additive?

  7. #762oliver2018-12-17 06:41

    It is an oil additive that Case specifies for use in machines that use 10w-30 engine oil in the hydraulic system, I believe it is an anti-foaming agent.