I'm having trouble finding info on my D-565S grader. Talked to an ol boy at Jade 6 or 7 years ago about getting some manuals but the cost was scary so I've just run it for the last 13 years pretty much trouble free for maybe 20 hrs. per year. She leaks some oil here & there but I keep good oil in the CC and the hydraulic topped off. Now it's starting to slip in the tranny a bit and I can't find where to check or add tranny fluid? Not even sure what it takes? ATF,10wt. or gear oil??? If anybody's familiar with this and can share a pointer or two, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks
Which transmission? Likely the clutch needs adjusting unless it’s a powershift and it is in fact slipping. Can you post any pictures?
I'm thinking a powershift. It has a 1-4 selector and a fwd-neutral-rev selector on the floor. If it has a Torque converter it will need 10wt. or ATF somewhere correct?
Definitely no clutch on that one. Not sure on type of oil but there should be a plug about a 1/3 of the way up the side of the transmission that would be the level. Not sure which side on that particular unit. Jade Equipment in Edmonton AB Canada are the experts in Champion. They should be able to tell you what fluid.
10-4 Thanks! I'll get ahold of Jade tomorrow. Maybe even break down & buy the manuals that I should've bought years ago.