Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

71D6C 10k5884 HYD Oil Question

dutchoverd6 ยท 2022-01-21 00:00

I have a 71 D6C, when I got it leaked from hydraulic tank. The previous owner put regular ol hyd oil for a tractor in it. I have not used dozer in a couple years and a majority of that fluid has leaked out. I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone that agrees on what goes in this machines hydraulic system. I have an old timer telling me to put rotella engine oil in it, and I have read where people use trans oil. What do I need to put in there that is right, I do not want to tear the machine up. When I go to CAT for parts they have a hard time finding any info on machine. I have all the manuals but they are at my property a couple hours away and CAT is 10 mins from my house. Id like to just buy what I need from them tomorrow and be on my way. Any help is appreciated, but I prefer someone that is familiar with this machine.

Replies0

No replies yet.