We blew a hydraulic hose under the seat for the back bucket. Got a new one and blew through to check for any blockages. Put it on, replaced hydraulic fluid. Backhoe won’t start. The Googles advises us that if we work the front bucket while simultaneously attempting to start it, we might have some luck. This is the only way we can get it started and keep it running. We have been breaking valves/hoses open to bleed the system, with no luck. Anybody ever had this situation? We called the closest Case place; they no longer work on something as old as our “Trusty Rusty”. This was a stout, good running machine until this hose blew. We’ve never had any problems out of it until this. Hydraulics have always been stouter on it than out 2015 Kubota tractor Thanks in advance for the help, y’all!
I'm not going to figure out what's wrong for you. But lets start by making sure we got the story straight. It had no issues until it blew a hose under the seat. You replaced the hose and filled the hydraulic fluid. Then it wouldn't start? Like it wouldn't crank the engine over with the starter? OR it cranked too slow to start? or what specifically? Then you were able to start it by using the front loader valves. But it won't stay running if you release the loader hydraulic valves? it just bogs down and dies? Can you confirm that the backhoe hydraulic valves are all centered. That is, move them each way and make sure they spring back to center like normal. And, just for fun, what did the hose look like where it popped?
Make sure you check the outrigger valves, too.
Make sure you have both hoses hooked up on backhoe quick disconnects
Coy is correct, sounds like your couplers are not snapped together, exact symptoms!
AND, it was certainly worth repeating.
JL, After 52 years doing this stuff I had similar opportunities like that, they say that experience is the best teacher. BYW, the repost was an error but no option to delete. What part of Pa. are you from, I am near Williamsport N Central.
Melben, you are right. Sometimes it's something really simple. My backhoe wouldn't go forward or reverse once. I was concerned I might have a major problem of some sort. Turns out I had bumped the transmission shifter and knocked it out of gear. I appreciate your good help around here. You have probably forgotten more than I will ever know about these machines. As for Pa., I've only been through there. I'm born and raised Alabama.
Actually it was Coy who first suggested that, I was simply backing him up, I read his stuff and he is usually right o the money, I look at us as a team here on forum and glad we can help.