Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

72 inch Brush Grapple on a 753 Bobcat?

roadrunner ยท 2010-11-09 23:12

Wondering if a 72 inch brush grapple is to heavy or is it ok for use on my 753? I think the grapple weighs around 900 pounds.:beatsme

Replies13
  1. #1dave esterns2010-11-09 23:58

    yea thats too heavy unless you r planning on picking up cardboard... i would say go the same width as your machine

  2. #2CRAFT2010-11-10 00:09

    I guess it would all depend on what you are expecting to do with it ? Your 753 is concidered a longer wheel base as compared to the 743 if I am no mistaken, so that will help to not take to many nose dives, I think you have a rated lift of about 1750 Lbs ..... its not the total width or the tare weight as much as how far forward the weight is that'll get you frustrated.:bash The grapple you are looking at is it one of those root grapples (they seem to be pretty far out there) or is it more like BC's industrial grapple (short coupled) ? ..... This buddy of mine bought a 74" rootgrapple.com last year, its on an 1845c which I think compares to yours and his is a short wheel base .....it works great, but he don't lift too much too high ....... Yahooo ... usually followed by "OUCH" thats gonna leave a mark :Banghead ..... but as a clearing/clean-up tool its awesome .......... you be the judge ....:drinkup

  3. #3KSSS2010-11-10 00:18

    I have not looked it up but I don't think a 753 has a 1750 ROC. That would put it equal to a S175. I think the ROC is around 1500. Which would only leave you with a capacity of 600 pounds. That is not enough. So I would also say that is too much bucket for such a small skid steer. Unless your moving something really light.

  4. #4CRAFT2010-11-10 01:00

    You got me on that one KSSS ! ..... I was confused with the 773 ..... :beatsme

  5. #5Bumpsteer2010-11-10 09:03

    I've used this one on my 743, not sure about the weight. Since it's mounted close to the machine you don't loose a lot of lift capacity. I do think the 72" might be a little large though. Ed

  6. #6frogfarmer2010-11-10 18:28

    I run a 72" brush grapple/bucket on an 843 and a S185 1700 and 1850 ROC respectively. My grapple bucket doesnt weigh much more or less than my HD toothed 68" bucket. It was designed for brush and will handle all you can cram in. I would suspect your machine will handle the 72" grapple no problem. I have run several 753s and they are a strong machine and a well sized middle of the road unit. I like the 72" width because it helps to keep the limbs and debris out of your tires when you push up a pile.

  7. #7roadrunner2010-11-11 00:40

    All good to know, I will try it out tommorrow as I already made the purchase of the grapple.(Should of talked to you guys first before I bought it online!!!)

  8. #8hokie972010-11-15 13:23

    I use a 60" full size grapple on my 753 and it is not much of a proble if you are using it for brush, but if you are using it on larger diameter material/multi pole size wood it will be a bit much for the machine. It is of course very handy to have around, and I woudl not see that adding an extra foot would hurt much.

  9. #9Stick Pro2010-11-16 15:06

    A 66in grapple would work better than a 72 we use our 66in on our 753 it works just fine. But the 72 would be a bit over kill.

  10. #10Gator Girls2010-11-16 15:24

    Grapple Hey they might exchange it for you. We at Gator would where did you get it? Julie-Gator Girl ointhead

  11. #11tylercooney2010-11-22 14:53

    Did it en d up working out for you?

  12. #12Gator Girls2010-11-22 15:35

    A 753 bobcat need a 60" bucket to keep the outside of the tires in line with your bucket. 743 and 753 are the same but same engine different hr power from 36-40 763 5" longer wheelbase same engine and all different lift because of longer wheelbase. makes it 1500lbson 763 on the 753 and 743 are 1300lbs lift.if this helps you at all.

  13. #13Captn2012-11-04 23:09

    How would one work on my 853C?