Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

744h crank no start

rmllarue91 ยท 2022-06-19 15:35

Hey hef i got a 744h was running good washed it few hours later moved it to fuel and now crank no start. No rpm on dash when cranking. i didn't have book. But pull ecm connector traced cam and crank sensor wires and ohmed them right at ecm both measure 3.1k ohms powers and grounds show 19.5 volts why cranking I'm going to download a book and get back to machine later in week but I'm not familiar with these so just looking for some insight. Thanks hef

Replies4
  1. #1Bigbert2022-06-20 10:31

    Hi member, possibly a silly question: Gear switch is in Neutral? T/m display showing N or NN (not neutral)?

  2. #2rmllarue912022-06-20 14:58

    Its in neutral no rpm on dash it worked until it wouldn't restart. it cranks good I'm leaning towards communication issue, switched power to ecm , possibly bad ecm.

  3. #3Bigbert2022-06-20 16:57

    You are right. With system cranking start inhibitor from trans control unit is not the issue. Rather ECU. As far as I remember TCU was fitted in box right hand side of cabine. Possibly ECU is also there. Check all the connectors from that box towards engine. If ECU is around engine check all connectors, clean with air.

  4. #4ianjoub2022-06-20 17:17

    It is always best to star on the last thing worked on. You washed it! Pull apart every electrical connection you can find and inspect, then rinse in WD-40.