Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

753 Bobcat hydraulics only extend

.50ae ยท 2025-03-27 16:37

Hey guys so I have this 90s rectangle light 753 that was sitting for 20ish years. I'm fixing it up and I repacked all the cylinders on it so no more leaks. Problem I'm having is the cylinders will only move out no matter which way I rock the pedals. So arms will go up but not down. Tilt will tilt down but not up. Any ideas? I read somewhere it might be a problem with the auxiliary hydraulic spool in the control valve.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-03-28 02:29

    That is a common issue when the aux. hydraulics are engaged. The other thing that would cause it is if the hoses are hooked up wrong. Cylinders have more power pushing so will extend and not retract because 1 of the cylinders has oil trying push and it has more force than than the oil in the other cylinder trying to retract.