Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

753 bobcat hydrostatic pump removal

martjd ยท 2020-10-27 11:53

Can the hydrostatic pump be removed by itself or does the engine have to come out? Which way is easier?

Replies5
  1. #1shingirai2020-10-27 12:04

    Yes you can remove it.

  2. #2martjd2020-10-27 14:17

    Hi, I am having one hell of a time finding a YouTube link on how to take the hydrostatic pump out. Would you know a link I can open? Thanks

  3. #3shingirai2020-10-27 14:19

    whats your bobcat model

  4. #4martjd2020-10-27 14:20

    1996 753

  5. #5Sterlin032024-08-27 13:10

    Hey guys I'm not sure if I should speak in this thread or not. I am working on getting the left side of the hydrostatic pump out of the machine. I thought maybe it could be removed since the unit is split. I've removed the hoses as well as the bolt at the bottom holding the unit to the cradle and the 4 hex screws marrying the unit. Yet the unit still isn't lose. Am I missing something that may be holding it still but is hard to see? Attached are images of the unit and why I am trying to only pull half of it. The little ear for mounting the hydraulic pump broke off the rear of the unit.