I have a 753 G bobcat. I picked it up this summer, and it seems to have ran fine. Since it has gotten colder, (anything lower than 40 f) it has started to cut itself off after it is cranked. The charge pressure warning light comes on, and it throws error codes 05-14 and 05-15. (low charge pressure) I have no hydraulic or hydrostatic control until it gets warm, which requires repeated starts to get there. When I finally do gain control there is a loud click like a solenoid is engaging. If you can get it to crank and stay running, it runs fine and the codes/ warning light goes away. I assume the automatic shutdown is a built in protection, so I am afraid to make a move. I started with a filter change, and even checked the little brass filters under the cab. I have a service manual, and not afraid to get my hands dirty............ Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
Make sure the drive belt is tensioned proper first of all.
Ill check it out at first light.
I don't know if it's the same issue but my Deere 325 is horrible starting in cold weather, runs very rough for 15 seconds and I get warning beeps and a "low oil pressure" message for a second or two. It's been that way since it was new. I've asked here if it's normal but didn't get any responses regarding the oil pressure warning. As rough as it runs, it probably can't pump the oil for a few seconds. IDK if it's a problem or not.
oil viscosity is something to consider in colder climates. thicker oil is harder to get pumping from a stand still, hence the stumble. prolonged cranking gets the oil moving creating heat therefore decreasing the viscosity which in turn lets the engine run "fine" after the initial few seconds. usually have a good 30 seconds on most engines for a low oil pressure shutdown.
The drive belt was definitely loose, I retightened it according to the manual. We will see what the morning cold brings. Thanks
Fingers crossed here, but I can tell you if that belt was loose, it will turn a Bobcat into a Bobcrap. :yup
You nailed it Willie59. We finally hit a cold snap over the weekend, and for three days I have not had the slightest problem. No Charge pressure light when it was cold, and the thing feels like a different machine. Thank you. Also, if you would be so kind as to explain to me what tightening the belt actually did...? I mean it fixed the problem, and I am grateful, but I have no Idea why it fixed the problem, or what the problem was to begin with.
It's actually quite simple. The drive belt is what connects the hydraulic pumps to the engine. If the drive belt is excessively loose, it will slip which will cause it to not turn the input shaft at the required speed. When the engine is running and turning the pumps it develops required pressure to charge the drive pumps. If that pressure is low (code 05-14), the ECU will note this low charge pressure and change over to 05-15, charge pressure in shutdown, and kill the engine. All the ECU knows is something is wrong with the charge pressure and it won't allow you to destroy the drive pumps because of a problem. There's many things that can cause this with a Bobcat, but the first thing you check with 05-14 and 05-15 is drive belt tension.