Sorry for starting a new post, but the problem is different on the machine than originally thought. The left side free wheels with the machine off the ground(I'm thinking drive motor) I had them haul it to my shop so I had tools to work on it and they only opened the left side bypass on the travel pump. Now the right side does not free wheel but it is now powering when actuated. Not sure if it is due to fluid loss or if the killed the right side motor dragging it with another skid. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I come from automotive repair and am just getting into equipment and hydraulics. Thanks
Bump, Could use some insite on this.
Does your machine have the pin style park brake or wet brakes? The drive motors on the xt series were a problem. "Now the right side does not free wheel but it is now powering when actuated" Do you mean the engine is loading when you try and move the right side?
broken drive chain maybe
Ive got the chain covers off, chains are good, left has been replaced prior to me working on it. It is hydraulic actuated pins and cog wheels for the park brake. I have it on blocks and the wheels off of it and the left side free wheels(im pretty sure a broken shaft in the drive motor). The right side is very hard to turn even with the wheels on for leverage and the park brake wheel removed. I also blocked off the ports at the drive pump and actuated it and it did not bog the engine down at all. I am guessing a drive motor and a pump but would like some insite as I am new to working on equipment. When I said the right side is now powering I meant *NOT* powering, now reaction (change of idle, movement, bogging, etc.)
A few questions: When both left wheels are turned, the drive motor sprocket is turning too? When you capped the drive motor lines, you bypassed all the safety functions (or lowered the cab, lapbar down, and park brake off)? Your tow valves are closed on the pumps? Right side still works properly?
Both wheels turn and the sprocket turn on the left wheels, I can also see the shaft turning in the center of the sprocket (splines no stripped at sprocket) Will double check all safety functions but I am pretty sure they are all either bypassed or operated (only bypassed for service with wheels off the ground) Tow valves are closed for sure. Also the linkage seems to be operating properly from the hand controls to the pump body, they were very loose so I tightened them up. Am I correct in thinking that the safety for the drive will simply not let the actuators move?
If the safety switches are not bypassed, then then the travel will not operate. The park brake pin is a secondary means to stop the machine from moving. Was the chain drive case overfilled? It seems likely that you have a failed travel motor. The intermediate drive link, which connects the motor gerotor to the output shaft of the motor breaks. This results in loss of ground drive power to that side of the machine. This type of failure was noted by case, in a fix as fails service bulletin. The repair was to change the drive motor to the new style with wet park brakes.
The case was over filled on the right side(the side that was operating properly) The bolts holding the sprocket and park cog to the output shaft were missing on the right side and it has let the chain contact the snout of the drive motor(planning on replacing the right side now that I have seen this.) The park brake is operating properly aside from the cog wheel not being secured, but the pins are working properly. What else needs to be replaced when the drives are replaced with the new style with wet brakes? Is the other style removed from the machine?