looking to run a snow blower on my 763. I was looking for a 7 pin kit for my machine but bobcat said it dont exist ?
Not really sure what you're working with here, why you're needing a "7 pin kit", unless maybe the attachment you wish to use is the 7 pin harness. If that's the case, Bobcat is likely telling you the truth in two ways. 1) the 7 pin harness used on newer Bobcat machine uses Pulse Width Modulation on the control wires to the attachment while the attachment has a processor to convert the PWM input to analog 12V output to the functions on the attachment, older 14 pin harness machines (763) aren't capable of doing that. 2) if your attachment is 7 pin with a processor box that is required to operate on 7 pin harness, then it won't work correctly on your 14 pin machine, unless maybe we could do some modifications to the attachment to work with the 14 pin analog system, it's possible depending on what we're working with. But again, there's no adapter to make 7 pin straight up work on 14 pin, the PWM processor will say "ain't gonna happen"
gotcha I was looking to buy a snow blower for it but I guess I need to find one with a 12 volt diverter valve. Will the 14 pin work with the diverter valves ????
As long as an attachment is analog, 12V hard wired coils and such, and doesn't have a microprocessor of some sort to control the coils then it should work on your 763. Contact Chuck Kennedy at Blue Diamond attachments and he can give you the information you need for what type of snow blower, or any other attachment, will work on your machine.
Bobcat makes a aux control kit. Which uses a 14 pin connector. I put one of these on my 773 (97'). My blower is a bobcat with 7 pin, I installed a 14 to 7 pin adapter on the blower. Works great. Had to research this on my own, dealer wasnt really any help. I didnt have to replace my hand controls or harness.
what blower are you running ? sb200? what did the kit run
Yes a sb200....I think the aux control kit was around 600 and the 7 to 14 adapter for the blower was 200. Somewhere in that range without digging up my receipts.
people said the 14 wouldnt work with the sb200 kinda odd ya made it work Id like to have an sb200
The control kit and adapter is made primarily for rental purposes I guess. Mine works great.
Sounds interesting for sure.
ive been scratching my head for a couple days, i think i may have done something similar to what you are trying to do... 14 pin harness on the machine, and you need a 14pin attachemnet harness for a newer 7 pin snowblower. it might take some digging by your bobcat dealer, but i think you may be able to get an a 7 pin attachment control kit from bobcat to put on the machine. another way may be to get a 14pin attachment harness from an older attachment possibly a planer..(?) for some reason it's stuck in my head that an Alitec brand planer will work. remove the 7pin harness and ACD from the snowblower, and plug directly into the coils. sorry for my foggy memory, it's been a while...