Hi, I need belts for my newly acquired 763G (1998) I have yet to ask or find out how much the belts are going to cost me through the Bobcat dealer network. I need the hydraulic drive belt, the alternator belt, and the blower drive belt, the only one needed immediately is the blower drive, the others are still OK, but old. I am sure these could probably be bought through NAPA or other auto parts dealers, but they do not have a cross reference book to decode the original equipment numbers. Will I save enough to make it worth my while through other sources? or should I just bite the bullet and get them through Bobcat? Thanks Jim
Bobcat is generally around $50 to $60 if you find them anywhere else for less let us know, but i didn't think that was too bad. Be sure to check your belt tensioner when you have the belt off, I have seen them run out of grease where the excentric pivots in the center of the bearing and wear the bushing out. I make a point of greasing mine annually now. The other belts are just common automotive stuff. Ken
also look at the drive pully on the fan drive and the idler puller and make sure they are not grooved out if they are replace both pulleys. also check the oil in the drive should be a square pipe plug make sure they have oil in them and that the seal is good. do the drive belt before it breaks they rap up tight around teh pump pulleyt and you have to use a machine or a come along and pull it out
bobcatmechanic That is why I am changing the belts, the fan drive lost its oil, burnt up the bearings, the bearings froze up and the belt broke. I am replacing the fan drive gear, and all the belts. If I find a better price than Bobcat, I will post it. ALSO< if anyone is looking for the fan drive gear, look at www.skidsteerstuff.com they had the drive for about $150 when Bobcat wanted over $600. Jim
Burden Surplus Center has the Fan Gear Box for $99.95... ointhead I know, where was I last week?