I just went to move my 763g but it won't budge. It acts like the parking brake is on, or the safety bar is not pulled down. When I do lower the safety bar, and press the green switch, I hear a solenoid activate, but the machine doesn't move. Is is possible squirrels got into the machine, based on hearing that mice got into another member's and ate/damaged the wires?? When forum members refer to a seat safety switch, are they meaning the pull down safety bar? I realize that has to be down completely for the machine to move and have four red lights glow. I am getting three solid lights right of the green button, but the traction control only lights up for a second and flashes. I need to get the machine moved real soon as the property it is stored on is about to be sold.The last time I moved the machine, it ran perfectly and I parked it. That was a couple of months ago. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Oldbobcat. :drinkup I don't think any of the G series used a seat switch, Bobcat had quit using them by the time they produced that model. The traction light flashing indicates a fault. When you see it flashing, don't shut the machine down, instead push and hold down the headlight button. This should bring up the fault code in the hour meter display. If you're in a pinch to move it, raise the cab and yank the parking brake components out, it's not hard to do, just keep in mind the machine can roll now with no parking brake. Once you get the machine moved from the property to a more relaxed location you can work out your problem.
Thanks Willie, I might have been wrong about hearing the solenoid. I tried it again and the traction light flashed six times. Also, the panel beeped, sometimes, when the traction light flashed. But I never heard the solenoid when I tried it again. I have never been inside the machine. I have owned it for about 8 years. Is it easy to raise the cab? I think I have a broken fuel pickup tube as well. I just give it more refills, so I won't bother to fix that just yet, Thank you for your help.
If you have the traction LED flashing and you're getting beeps, then you definitely have a fault code. Most common problem is failed parking brake solenoid. Also try swapping the parking brake relay with one of the other relays in the fuse panel. And check the fuse that powers the parking brake. The cab is easy to raise. There's two 1/2" nuts at the very front corners of the cab, remove the nuts and the square washers and tilt the cab up.
wille has an excellent fuel line repair thread, since you are probably gonna be raising the cab and boom.... parts are approx $25 from a bobcat dealer, you'll need 1 grommet 1 screen 2 clamps 1 ft of fuel pickup hose it's less than an hour repair for a non professional. FYI one reminder about the park brake solenoid, it's a dual coil the "pull" power comes from the brake fuse and relay "hold" power comes from the controller. :drinkup
Good to see you're still out there to provide me with back up crewchief. :drinkup
no problemo wille been busy workin' mostly, plus trying to get my harley back on the road, make some repairs on my trail truck, and keep up with 'round the house stuff... :drinkup
on the right sideof seat there is a red knob try pulling that up on the right side of the seat there is a red knob (traction lock) I think is what it says any how get in drop seat bar start machine then pull up on that knob that should do it also look at your green lights behind seat on the right side that will tell you whats up as well ie lights being green or no light
the red kob you are refering to is the emergency boom down valve, and has NOTHING to do with the traction lock. G series machines DO NOT have a bics panel with idiot lights next to the seat. :drinkup