Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

769c wont move in any gear position

Franklin7 ยท 2024-05-23 20:08

Hi there. Have a 769c. Started to act up like it was stuck in a forward gear. Would go to put the machine into reverse and would go forward. It did that a couple times the operator said. Was then shut off and turned back on put into first gear and drove forward to where it was parked. Now it won't move at all in any gear. And it seems like it is engaged in a forward gear because when you start it and give it throttle it wants to try and move forward just like rocking the tires a tad bit. Does that in neutral reverse and all forward gears. I've changed the transmission filter and oil is full. The serial number is 01x03932. Is there any trouble shooting procedure for the powertrain electrical side? And also any info on transmission and torque converter test ports for testing? I took a picture of the transmission control display and there is a red light above I think it's the speed pickup sensor? It never goes out is this normal? These are the lights when it is in neutral.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2024-05-23 20:26

    Did you remove the magnetic suction screen from the front of the tranmission transfer case and check it when you drained the oil, just to rule out the possibility of anything mechanical.? You may find the attached useful.

  2. #2Franklin72024-05-23 20:35

    Yes the one in the front of the transmission. It looked good.

  3. #3Nige2024-05-23 20:48

    OK, so you're back to the electronics. See my earlier attachment.

  4. #4Franklin72024-05-23 21:10

    Yes appears to me the lights are not in the correct position or how they should be. I'll have to troubleshoot the wiring and see if I can find a problem.

  5. #5Nige2024-05-23 21:29

    I'll send you an electrical schematic as well. That might be helpful.

  6. #6Franklin72024-05-23 22:21

    Alright sounds good. Thank you!