Bought a 01’ 770 ch from a state dot shop and they stated that the machine will stop moving while in gear once in a while but not often Have had machine for about a week and cannot get this problem to happen. Only thing I can get it to do is if I’m in park and turn my lights on it will not go into gear. Turn lights off and works just fine. I’m thinking it’s a ground issue. Today I was using it and I get a f434 code. Rack actuator (postion error). I called John Deere and they said it could be the pump or could be the control. What I’m wondering is it I have the same issues for both or separate problems. Anyone on here ran across the same thing ?
Welcome to HEF Tyler ! How about the machine serial number? F434 usually only occurs after an engine overspeed condition in which the engine rpm's are higher than what is being commanded. Did the operation of the engine get affected when the code occurred? I would check grounds for the light issue. When you post a serial number I can let you know where the grounds are located.....hopefully .
2001 John Deere 770ch DW770CH580043 Yes at the time the code came on the engine was reving up and down without me commanding it to . After machine cooled the problem went away. Started it and let it idle in shop for half an hour and didn’t have an issue.
Grounds, 1. Cab roof harness - under plastic roof on the right side. 2. Platform harness to cab - right front of cab near the throttle pedal potentiometer. Might be inside cab or under cab. Not sure on that one. 3. Platform harness to machine ground - front of machine near front work lights, under a round cover on top of the frame. 4. Engine harness to cab ground - under cab below the load center. 5. There should be a braided cable connecting the bottom of the cab to the machine frame (not sure of the location of that one). 6. There should be a braided cable connecting the machine frame to the engine, most likely near the starter.
Thanks. I seem to have located all of them but the can roof harness. Dont have a plastic roof On this machine and doesn’t see anything up there that looks like a ground. Any other clues as to what I could be looking for for that one ?
Nope, unfortunately.