Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 ignition switch no power

MrWhipper · 2023-12-09 14:07

I’ve got no power to the ignition switch so it does not start or put power to the boss/glow plugs. It does work with a jumper/ inline fuses to the switch—boss/glow/starts as it should. The fuses look good. Thus, I believe it is a broken wire or relay is shot. I am unsure which relay is the ignition relay. There are 4 over by the air cleaner/battery and 1 by the fuses. Any takers on which is correct? If it is a broken wire, any issue if I Jerry-rig a a new wire with a 10 amp fuse from the starter to the ignition switch.

Replies3
  1. #1MrWhipper2023-12-09 18:01

    Bobcat 773f

  2. #2Simon C2023-12-09 18:23

    A person can always send a new wire with power to the key switch, but always remember that, what or where the harness is defective could eventually cause other problems or a fire. Have found similiar harnesses in the past that were rubbing through. By fixing everything wrong there was no more worries. If you could somehow get a schematic of the wiring to the key switch, someone could tell you how to test for what is bad. Might want to post a serial number. Simon C

  3. #3MrWhipper2023-12-09 21:20

    SN: 509689882